2017 Campus STEAM Celebration
On Saturday September 23, 2017 UNCW will welcome the community to campus for a celebration of science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics. Community STEM leaders are invited to host interactive learning stations and informative presentations used for STEAM learning and research. We would very much like to showcase any partnerships between the campus and the community that involves STEAM. This is a family friendly event and we need your help!
The following is a short survey that will help us plan for this year’s Celebration. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete it.
1. Name of Responder:
2. Campus Position
3. Campus Unit
5. Phone Number:
6. Will your college, department, program or student organization/club be participating in the Celebration?
7. Will you have enough people to man your station for the full day (currently scheduled from 10:30am - 3:30pm with set up at 10:00am and tear down by 4:00pm)?
8. Will you be able to serve an audience of approximately 300+ over the course of the Celebration?
9. Will your group be able to cover the expenses for consumables associated with an interactive hands-on activity station that can serve the size of audience we anticipate?
The STEAM Celebration will be held across campus in multiple buildings and out of doors, weather permitting. Shuttle service will be provided to CMS where an Open House will also be taking place as part of the celebration.
10. Where would you most like to host your particular station, presentation, or tour (indicate each choice that fits):
A classroom in the education building
In your own departmental/program facilities or building
A science lab in the education building
A computer lab in the education building
In a larger indoor venue on campus
Outdoors on campus
11. Will you need any of the following (indicate each choice that fits):
Table and chairs
Internet, computer, projector
Pop up tent (for outside groups)
12. To help promote the Celebration, we may create a few PSAs. Would you be willing to be in one?
13. Is there anything we can do to support your participation in the Celebration (indicate each choice that fits):
Ideas for appropriate activities
Minimal monetary support
14. Can you briefly describe the activity/interactive station, presentation or other event you plan to host at the Celebration?
15. Is there any other way in which you would like to participate or support the Celebration (indicate each choice that fits)?
If other, please elaborate:
Do Not Fill This Out